Search This Blog

Monday, May 4, 2009

Agnes Varda: From New Wave to Beaches

It's only a 15-minute drive to Video Americain. Normally, I would not have to ask my friends there to hold Agnes Varda's 2001 film, "The Gleaners and I," until I could arrive. But Varda's latest film, "The Beaches of Agnes," is coming to the Maryland Film Festival this weekend, and there is a cadre of French New Wave devotees in Baltimore who might be thinking the same thing I was. Yes, I'm a film geek, but I am not alone.




2 comments:

Mr. Baltimore in Exile said...

knock 'em dead, kid

and tell matt porterfield to put on some weight!

Anne Haddad said...

Thanks, Mr. Baltimore. Speaking of Matt Porterfield, he will be showing his work-in-progress, "Metal Gods," at the festival this year. Look at the top left side of this blog for Film Links, and a link to a great profile of Matt in the May issue of Baltimore magazine.