Search This Blog

Friday, May 8, 2009

Friday Priorities


Having just seen a lot of shorts last night, I may pass on shorts programs today in favor of a few feature-length films that are my priorities: "Garbage Dreams," because it looked great in the snippet I saw at a MD Film Fest preview a month ago, and Agnes Varda's "The Beaches of Agnes."

I'd like to see Kris Swanberg's "It was great, but I was ready to come home." (love it -- title that is a full sentence, correct case and punctuation) because I'm curious about films exploring the tensions and subtleties between women friends. But I may have to wait 'til the second screening for that (Sunday). In the photo above, Swanberg and her husband, filmmaker Joe Swanberg (center), speak with filmmaker and comedian Bobcat Goldthwait, who hosted opening night.


At 7 pm, John Waters presents "Love Songs," a French romance, with music, that sounds like it's in the spirit of Agnes Varda and her New Wave amis.

No comments: