Search This Blog

Friday, May 7, 2010

I had to sit on the floor.

But it was worth it. Standing room only doesn't exactly describe how full the house was for Tanya Hamilton's film Night Catches Us, with Kerry Washington, Anthony Mackie and Wendell Pierce. People were sitting on all the stairs up and down both aisles of the theater. I was sitting on the floor near the front. It actually was not a bad view at all, and I had a wall to lean on.

Before the film started, festival director Jed Dietz told the audience there would be another showing tomorrow, but no one wanted to leave. More on this film later when I have time, but I highly recommend going to see it tomorrow at 9:30 p.m. at Brown Center on the MICA campus. There will be a shuttle from the Charles Theatre to Brown.

I suggest buying tickets today and getting in line early tomorrow, for obvious reasons.

2 comments:

Rebecca Oppenheimer said...

This one looks really good. I'm not going to be able to make the MFF showing, but I hope to catch it when it comes out in wider release or on video. Looking forward to reading your thoughts.

Anne Haddad said...

Sounds like it will be released soon. As long as it gets out there, people will love it.