Search This Blog

Friday, May 2, 2008

Friday -- the marathon begins

I plan to start with "IOUSA," which, from what I hear, ought to get the kind of attention and reaction -- and hopefully, distribution -- that "An Inconvenient Truth" got. This time, however, it's our national debt.

By the end of the night, I am really really excited about the John Waters pick --- "Story of Women," a Claude Chabrol film starring Isabelle Huppert, who is always magnificent. And if that film lets out in time, I'm hoping to catch "Spine Tingler." If I don't, "Spine Tingler" repeats on Sunday at noon.

What are you seeing? I can't be everywhere -- help me out here. Post your own review here and then tell everyone you know to read it and comment. Let's talk film.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can not say enough about opening night 2008. The shorts were terrific, diverse, funny, thoughtful. Barry Levinson brought a lot of class to Baltimore. He was the perfect moderator and let the shorts have center stage. The reception afterwards was tasty and fun. Great job and love the coverage

Anne Haddad said...

Yes, the food WAS good, and plentiful. That could be one reason the party went on past midnight. I noticed that even Barry Levinson stayed til around then. He was talking to everyone, and clearly was enjoying himself.