Search This Blog

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Thank you, Janet Johnson

I want to give a huge thank you to festival volunteer Janet Johnson, who found my watch for me, then came into the movie she knew I was in – “IOUSA” – to hand it to me. All the volunteers are great here, as are the Film Festival staff. I haven’t asked a question yet in which the answer was “I don’t know,” or even worse, contained the wrong information.

Janet is looking forward to closing night feature "Confessionsofa Ex-Doofus-Itchyfooted Mutha" by Melvin Van Peebles, and so am I. I've never seen a Melvin Van Peebles film, like most of this country, and that's a shame all around. Now 75, he's always made films on his own terms. He's the grandfather of indie filmmakers. Actually, the father of one in particular, Mario Van Peebles.

No comments: